Does Your Winter Landscape Look Drab?
Winter is a good time to take a critical look at your landscape and decide if you need to kick it up a notch. Of course, winter is not the time to make the change in a winter landscape. Whatever you decide to add to spice things up, you will, most likely, add in the spring.
Winter Landscape Ideas
As one of the top landscape design companies in Franklin, TN we have provided the following ideas can add more interest and color to any drab landscape in the winter:
- Add pots of closely-trimmed boxwoods to walkways and entryways. This adds color all year long in most climates.
- Plant trees such as crabapple that retain their fruit or berries throughout the winter. Holly is a perfect winter plant to add to your yard.
- Plant evergreen trees.
- Plant trees with highly textured bark to add interest to winter landscaping.
- Plant flowers that bloom in the winter. Christmas roses are a great plant that grow well in cold temperatures.
- Before next winter, prune trees after all the leaves fall. Well-trimmed trees look much when they are bare in the winter.
- Use up-lighting to emphasize plantings that cast interesting shadows when bare.
- Add down lights to emphasize your architecture or hardscapes.
Get a Quote from a Professional Landscaper
While your landscape is looking drab, make an appointment with a professional landscaper to come out and have a look at it. The professional will have many ideas to add color and interest to your winter landscape.
Landscape Innovations is a landscape design company in Franklin, TN with over 20 years of experience. We provide superior design, installation and maintenance that will transform your lawn and landscaping in any season. We never use a cookie-cutter approach. We only install customized designs that make a unique statement about you and your home. We even specialize in landscape lighting installation. Give us a call today for a free quote.